Campaign: CHIME FOR CHANGE

ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN

Two years ago in 2014, I founded Pro-Empowerment Foundation, a not-for-profit community based organization (CBO) aiming to empower marginalized people in society socio-economically. Through the CBO I and my team of three volunteers have been able to train 13 women groups in their villages within Nyamira County on various subjects including how to start and sustain small businesses, financial literacy and management skills. To date, more than 150 women who are already in business have admitted increased sales and better financial management through our financial literacy and business planning training.

Through the Pro-Empowerment Foundation, I have also been able to carry out various activities such as medical camps, tree planting and street cleaning, first aid training and entrepreneurial training. The successful implementation of these high impact projects is a clear demonstration of my leadership characteristics. At the same time, the training of 150 women entrepreneurs in financial literacy and business planning is a great impact of my initiative, because as their businesses grow, jobs are created and poverty is reduced.

I am also actively involved in leadership and governance issues. I believe that women and youth too deserve a chance to lead. Due to these, I was selected as a woman champion in Nyamira county to advocate for the 2/3 rd gender rule at the grassroots levels.

Submit your post now.

Join the Movement